Friday, November 6, 2009

An Excellent Catalog of Don't's

Picture me leaning into my computer screen, nodding and murmuring "Yeah, baby!" about 100 times. Creepy, I know. But that's about how it went as I read Bruce Buschel's excellent 2-part list:
100 Things Restaurant Staffers Should Never Do
(Links: Part 1 | Part 2 )

Here are three items, chosen at random (sort of):
  • Do not lead the witness with, “Bottled water or just tap?” Both are fine. Remain neutral.
  • Do not announce your name. No jokes, no flirting, no cuteness.
  • Do not interrupt a conversation. For any reason. Especially not to recite specials. Wait for the right moment.
Awesome. Well done Bruce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please submit a comment! I'll have to review them before they appear on my blog, so be patient!